You know how fried rice can be kind of blah sometimes? This is not one of those recipes. This fried rice recipe is a little bit sweet, a little bit spicy, with the perfect amount of crunch making it totally irresistible.
For Fried Rice:
- Cooking oil
- 3 cups cooked rice (I used frozen brown rice packets from Trader Joe’s)
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 2 Korean-style chicken sausage links, cut into coins (I used Trader Joe’s Spicy Chicken Sausage, If you can’t find Korean BBQ chicken sausages, feel free to substitute another type of chicken sausage, such as apple or spicy Italian.)
- Chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- Hot pepper flakes, optional
- Whisk sauce ingredients together in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Place a large frying pan over high heat. Add a couple tablespoons of cooking oil. Cook onions for a couple of minutes, until they begin to soften. Add corn, carrot, and red pepper. Cook for a minute or so, stirring often. Add rice and continue stirring. Add sausage.
- Once everything is cooked and rice becomes crispy (total cooking time of about 10 minutes), remove from heat and immediately add sauce. Stir to evenly incorporate. Top with chopped green onions.
Leave a Reply