A lazy day needn’t mean time off from a healthy meal. Beef up your zinc levels for a healthy immune system with this smart-but-satisfying soup of Stew Meat, chickpeas, veggies and pasta.
- 2-1/2 pounds beef Stew Meat, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 cans (14 to 14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup uncooked small pasta
Combine beef, broth, chickpeas, tomatoes, water, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in 4-1/2 to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker; toss to coat well. Cover and cook on HIGH 5 hours or on LOW 8 hours. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.)
Stir in mixed vegetables and pasta. Continue cooking, covered, 1 hour or until beef and pasta are tender. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Stir well before serving. Serve with Shredded Romano cheese, if desired.
Note- we used Le Veneziane Italian Gluten Free Corn Pasta available on Amazon
Source: Recipe/photo/information courtesy of Beef. It’s What’s For Dinner. www.BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com