This healthy leftover lemon garlic turkey meatball soup will warm you up with it’s hearty savory broth and it’s immune-boosting lemon and garlic. It’s the perfect excuse to use up those Thanksgiving turkey leftovers and fight off those cool-weather colds! It is also gluten-free, paleo, and dairy-free!
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 large potato, cubed
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup kale, or spinach
- 2-4 cups leftover cooked turkey meat
- lemon peel of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- 4 cups GF chicken stock, or vegetable stock
- 2 TBSP honey
- 3/4 tsp anise seed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Warm a large skillet with the olive oil in the bottom of it over medium heat.
- Add in the carrot, potato, onion, and minced garlic for 4-5 minutes or until the potato starts to become a bit tender.
- Add in the kale, leftover turkey meat, lemon peels, lemon juice, cumin, and red pepper flakes and cook an additional 3-4 minutes or until the kale becomes darkened and wilted.
- Add in the chicken stock, honey, and anise seed to the skillet and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly before topping with salt and pepper to taste and enjoying.