Starting the New Year with adding more salad to your diet? Here is an option. This is a filling salad that’s perfect as a side dish or serves as a meal on its own.
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 15 Oz can brown lentils, drained, rinsed
- 1 15.5 Oz Can Goya Pink beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups cooked long grain brown rice
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 treviso radicchio (or regular radicchio if unavailable), heart only (see note)
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons (1/4 cup) chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
Note: Treviso radicchio is a specialty green, if not available Chicory greens can be substituted
- Whisk together the vinegar, oil and mustard in a small bowl
- Season with salt and pepper
- Place lentils, beans and rice in a large bowl with onion.
- Finely shred one treviso and add to the rice with tomatoes, tarragon and parsley.
- Toss through the dressing and place on plates with remaining treviso leaves.
Leave a Reply