Autumn may be the time for jumping in the leaves and going back to school, but it also means sweaters and cooler weather. So when the weather turns chilly, it’s time to warm up with some delicious comfort food like cheesy potato gratin, a classic side dish.
Total Time: 1 hour 15 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
- 3 medium-sized Russet potatoes, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and lightly grease a round pie pan or glass baking dish. Set aside.
- Place a layer of potato rounds in the dish, making sure they overlap slightly. Repeat until all potatoes are used.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese, then sprinkle with bacon and scallions. Pour cream evenly over the top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil cover and bake until cheese is slightly browned. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing.