Using ground turkey for the protein keeps these nachos lean without sacrificing flavor, and making chips from Mikey’s Grain-Free Tortillas makes them extra delicious.
- 6 Mikey’s Grain-Free Tortillas
- ½ pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 1 fresh jalapeño, sliced
- ½ avocado, diced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Using a sharp knife or kitchen shears, cut tortillas into six triangles each.
- Arrange tortillas in a single layer on a nonstick baking tray and bake until brown, about 15-18 minutes.
- While tortillas bake, heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add turkey and brown until completely cooked through. Mix in taco seasoning and beans and cook for two minutes more.
- When tortillas are brown and crispy, transfer them to a casserole dish, top with cheese, and return to oven until cheese is melted.
- Top chips with meat mixture, tomato, jalapeño, avocado, scallions and olives. Garnish with cilantro and season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Courtesy of Mickey’s Learn more at eatmikeys.com