Ah, the classic pizza margherita. A never-fail combination of flavors, and this one is made with a completely grain-free pizza crust. Eat your heart out!
- 1 1/2?cups?shredded mozzarella
- 2?TBSP?cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4?cup?nut flour (cashew, almond or hazelnut)
- 1/2?tsp?Kosher salt
- 1/2?tsp?freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2?tsp?dried basil
- 1/2?cup?pizza sauce
- 3?ounces?fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 5-6?fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat. Tear an additional sheet of parchment paper, and set aside.
- Combine the shredded mozzarella and cream cheese in a medium sized microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute, stir to combine, and then microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Working quickly, add the egg, nut flour, and seasoning to the cheese mixture, and stir to thoroughly combine. The dough will should begin to form a sticky ball. Place the dough on the prepared baking sheet and cover with the additional parchment. Roll or pat dough to about ? inch even thickness. Gently remove the top parchment, and use a fork to poke holes through the crust. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until crust has become golden brown, remove from oven.
- Use a fork to pop any large bubbles in the dough, then coat with a thin layer of the pizza sauce. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and then top with a layer of mozzarella. Return to the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Tear the basil and scatter it over the pizza.
Recipe provided by G-Free foodie