When you have kids with food allergies the Holidays can throw you into a panic thinking of all the fun holiday treats that your child may miss out on for class parties or parties with friends. Why not bring a little cheer with these cute and easy treats that are not only free of common allergy culprits but extremely fun and festive? You?ll be surprised how easy they are to whip up and the smiles shall be your reward long after the clean up is done!
Total Time:?1 hour
Prep Time:?30 mins
- 1 10 oz package of large marshmallows (24 marshmallows)
- light Karo syrup
- 1 small paintbrush
- 1 bottle of white sparkling sugar
- 40 black confetti sprinkles
- 8 orange confetti sprinkles
- about 24 rainbow chip crunch sprinklets or more confetti sprinkles
- 8 wooden skewers
- ? cup chocolate frosting (and something to pipe it with-I used a baggie)
- 8 Hershey?s chocolate kisses
- 16 toothpicks
- 16 miniature marshmallows
- Styrofoam block to put skewers in for display and travel
- Use the paintbrush and pain Karo syrup onto the side of a large marshmallow all the way around, then roll the painted marshmallow through the white sparkling sugar to cover. Set aside. Repeat until all the large marshmallows have been done.
- Paint Karo syrup on the back of the black and orange confetti sprinkles and arrange your snowman face on one of the sugar-covered marshmallows. Repeat until you have 8 heads.
- Now paint the syrup on the back of different colored confetti sprinkles or use on the back of the rainbow chip sprinklets and attach in a row on 8 more of the sugar-covered marshmallows for the snowman?s buttons. You can do this on one marshmallow per snowman or you can do this on two to make your buttons come down farther.
- Once the sprinkles are set. Match up the right marshmallows with the right heads and place the marshmallows in order onto a wooden skewer, and stick wooden skewer into your Styrofoam block to hold it upright and steady. Repeat until you have your 8 snowmen.
- Use a cake decorating attachment or use a plastic baggie with a tiny corner cut (filled with the chocolate frosting), and pipe a circle on top of the snowman?s head.
- Place unwrapped Hershey?s kiss on the top of the chocolate frosting.
- Stick a toothpick in each center marshmallow on both sides. Attach one miniature marshmallow to each end of the toothpick. Repeat all these steps until all of your snowmen are done.
- Finish by decorating your styrofoam block. You could wrap it in Christmas paper before sticking the skewers in or cover it with garland. You can also tie a ribbon around the neck of each of your snowmen to look like a scarf.
- Store at room temperature until ready to serve.