Try this delicious gluten-free matzoh ball soup.
This recipe is: Corn-Free, Dairy Free, Gluten-Free, Rice-Free, Soy-Free, Sugar-Free
Total Time: 2 hours 20 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
- 2½ cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt (divided)
- 1 teaspoon potato starch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 10 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, 1 teaspoon salt, potato starch, garlic powder and onion powder. Mix together well.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, add the eggs and remaining 1 teaspoon of salt. Mix on medium speed until the eggs are light and fluffy.
- Add the dry ingredients slowly, mixing on medium speed until well combined.
- Transfer batter to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add carrots, onions, and celery and sauté until the onions become translucent, but not browned. Add 10 cups of chicken stock and bring to a slow boil.
- Roll chilled batter into 12 equal-sized balls. Drop each ball in the boiling stock, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. If you like your Matzoh balls more firm, do not cover the pot during this time.
- Serve immediately! Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Leave a Reply