A quick and easy side dish that comes together in no more than 15 minutes! Lightly charred corn is turned into a tangy, creamy, and slightly spicy salad perfect for cookouts, backyard BBQs, or an easy weeknight dinner. Try it with grilled chicken, steak, or your favorite seafood.
- olive oil
- 6 cups corn
- 4 tablespoons Greek yogurt or mayonnaise
- 2 limes, plus more for serving
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeds and stem removed, thinly sliced
- ⅔ cup red onion, diced (or thinly sliced)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 6 ounces feta, crumbled
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and give it a generous drizzle of olive oil. Add the corn and cook, undisturbed, for about 2 minutes, until the corn begins to lightly char and turn golden brown underneath. Continue to cook corn, tossing occasionally until corn is lightly charred all over, about 3-5 minutes longer. If using frozen corn, it may need to cook a few minutes longer. If using corn on the cob, brush the corn with oil and cook on either a grill or in a large skillet, turning occasionally until slightly charred on all sides.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, finely grate the zest of 2 limes and squeeze in the juice (should be about 4 tablespoons). Whisk in the yogurt (or mayo), chili powder, cumin, and garlic.
- To the large bowl with the yogurt mixture add the charred corn, jalapeño, red onion, cilantro, and feta. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top corn salad with additional feta and cilantro just before serving to give it that extra visual pop of yummm…
- There you have it! So tasty! And so easy! Serve it warm, chilled, or at room temperature.
Leave a Reply