These pizza-flavored bites made with a homemade cauliflower crust and tomato sauce. They’re a perfect portable appetizer for any occasion.
- 5?c.?Short Cuts cauliflower rice
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 ??cup?finely shredded Italian cheese blend, divided
- ??tsp.?dried basil
- ??tsp.?dried rosemary, crushed
- 2?tbsp.?chopped roasted red pepper, divided
- 2?tbsp.?thinly sliced green onion, divided
- 72?gluten-free miniature turkey pepperoni slices, such as Hormel
Tomato Pizza Sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Coat 24 (1-3/4-inch) muffin cups with cooking spray; set aside.
- Place cauliflower into a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH about 8 minutes or until tender, stirring once or twice. If necessary, pat dry with paper towels to remove any excess moisture. Cool. Add egg, 1 cup cheese, basil, rosemary and salt to cauliflower; stir to combine. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the mixture into each prepared muffin cup. Press evenly onto the bottoms and up the sides of cups. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until crusts are golden, edges are browned and centers are set. Remove from oven.
- Spoon 1/4 teaspoon roasted red pepper and 1/4 teaspoon green onion onto each muffin cup. Top each with a rounded teaspoon of cheese and 3 pepperoni slices. Bake 2 to 3 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Carefully remove from muffin cups. Serve warm with Tomato Pizza Sauce for dipping, if desired.