Packed with bold flavors and perfect for an appetizer or game-day snack!
Yields: 8-10 servings
Total Time:?45 mins
Prep Time:?10 mins
- 20 white mushroom caps, cleaned and stems removed
- Olive oil
- ? cup Spanish chorizo sausage, casing removed and finely chopped
- ? cup sweet yellow onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ? cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- ? teaspoon kosher salt
- ? teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- ? cup shredded Manchego cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.? Set aside a non-stick baking sheet.
- Brush the cleaned mushroom caps lightly with olive oil.? Place the mushrooms on the baking sheet “stem-side” facing up.
- Heat a small, nonstick pan to medium-high and cook the chopped chorizo until shiny and fragrant; about 3-5 minutes. Remove chorizo from pan and place in a medium sized bowl, set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the same non-stick pan.? Heat to medium, and cook chopped onions until soft and translucent.? Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes, do not brown.? Remove from heat, and add to bowl with chorizo.
- Add the gluten-free breadcrumbs, parsley, salt, pepper, and chicken stock to the chorizo mixture. Stir with a fork to combine.? Add the cheese and lightly toss.
- Use a teaspoon to fill the mushrooms in the shape of a rounded mound. ?Use your hands to pack lightly. Cook the mushrooms for 20 to 25 minutes, or until breadcrumbs are browned. Remove from oven and cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving warm.? Can also be served at room temperature.