Gluten-Free No-Bake Strawberry Shortcake Icebox Cake is the perfect gluten-free summer dessert recipe. Just 5 ingredients and make-ahead, too!
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2, 6 oz packages Enjoy Life Sugar Crisp Crunchy Cookies
- 1-1/2 lbs strawberries, trimmed and sliced
- Place the bowl of an electric mixer, or a large glass bowl if using a hand mixer, in the freezer to chill for at least 10 minutes. Fit electric mixer with the whipping attachment then add heavy whipping cream and vanilla to the chilled bowl. Whip on low speed while gradually adding powdered sugar then gradually increase speed as whipped cream thickens. Whip until cream can hold it’s shape but is not lumpy.
- Spread a thin layer of whipped cream into the bottom of an 8×8″ baking dish. Layer in 9 of the cookies, spread on another layer of whipped cream, and then top with 1/3 of the strawberries. Repeat layers – cookies, whipped cream, and strawberries – two more times to create three layers total (you might have a little extra whipped cream at the end.) Cover dish with saran wrap then refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, slice then serve immediately.