Got 20 minutes? That’s enough time to prepare these Buffalo Chicken Tostadas. Chances are it’ll become a new family favorite.
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed from the bones and shredded
- ¼ cup hot sauce (I use Dave’s Gourmet Roasted red peppers and chipotle hot sauce)
- 2 ribs of celery, finely chopped, leaves reserved
- 1 large carrot, shredded or chopped
- ½ cup mayo
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Dill, celery leaves and chives, finely chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 head of cabbage, finely shredded OR 1 package of coleslaw mix
- 1 package corn tostadas
- Blue cheese crumbles, for topping
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, hot sauce, celery and carrot. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the mayo, buttermilk, olive oil and lemon. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the dill, celery leaves, chives and lemon zest. To the bowl, add the cabbage and toss to combine.
- To assemble, place a heaping spoonful of the buffalo chicken salad onto the tostada and top with a heaping spoonful of the slaw. Top each tostada with some blue cheese crumbles and eat!