This simple recipe is a simple 1 pan dish that is easily made in 20 minutes! Simple and healthy ingredients, but full of flavor. This simple 1 pan dish is a great choice for healthy busy weeknights.
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ pound chicken tenders, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced, whites and greens kept separate
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- Pinch of crushed red-pepper flakes
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound broccoli crowns, chopped into florets
- ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1½ cups cooked brown rice
- In a small bowl, combine the juice, soy sauce, marmalade, and cornstarch. Stir until blended. Set aside.
- In a wok or large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring frequently, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the scallion whites, garlic, ginger, and red-pepper flakes and stir to combine. With a slotted spoon, remove chicken to plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the broth and broccoli to the wok. Cover and cook 2 minutes. Increase the heat to high and add bell pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until the broth evaporates and the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Stir the sauce and add to the wok along with the chicken. Cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens, about 2 minutes. Server over the rice and sprinkle with the scallion greens.