This baked fish and chips recipe comes together really easy, you bake the fries and fish together and serve with lot’s of fresh lemon slices, fresh dill and ketchup for dipping.
- 2 large russet potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch fries
- 4 pieces cod
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 cup gluten-free panko breadcrumbs (I used Ian’s)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 2 whole lemons
- Pre-heat oven to 425F degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Wash and cut the potatoes into about 1/4 inch thick fries. Season with olive oil, salt and pepper and arrange fries in baking sheet. Allow for some space between each fries so they crisp up and don’t become soggy. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare three shallow bowls 1. with flour 2. with eggs beaten 3. with panko, oregano and paprika, stirred to combine.
- Season each piece of cod with sea salt and pepper to taste. Then dip it in flour to completely cover the fish. Then dip in the egg wash and finally in the panko mixture.
- Repeat until all pieces of cod have been dipped.
- Remove the fries from oven and push them to the sides to make room for the cod in the center. Place the four pieces of cod in the center and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes depending on how thick is the fish. Mine was pretty thick so I baked for a full 20 minutes, other times when I use thinner fish it only takes 15 minutes.
- Remove from over and serve with fresh lemon and dill.