These irresistible and addicting paleo cookie cups feature a fudgy chocolate almond butter filling. Easy and fun to make, these gluten free, grain free and dairy free chewy almond butter cookie cups are great for holiday baking!
For the Cookies
- 3/4 cup Smooth Almond Butter
- 1 Egg large
- 1/2 cup Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- pinch Sea Salt
For the Filling
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips or Chopped Chocolate dairy free, soy free
- 1/4 cup Smooth Almond Butter
- 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a 24 cup mini muffin pan with liners.*
- In a large bowl, beat together the egg, almond butter, coconut sugar and vanilla until smooth. In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, baking soda and salt, then stir this mixture into the wet ingredients until fully combined. The dough will be thick and feel greasy due to the almond butter but this won’t affect the cookies.
- Scoop the dough evenly between the 24 mini muffin cups, then use the back of a 1/2 teaspoon measure to make a dent in the center and form the “cups” as shown in the photo above.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes until just set. The centers will puff up a bit while baking, so very lightly press them down again once removed from oven.
- While the cookies bake, put the chocolate chips and almond butter in a microwavable glass bowl and microwave in 25 second increments, stirring after each one, until melted and smooth. Stir in the vanilla once melted.
- To form the cookie cups, wait until the filling cools enough so it’s the consistency of thick frosting, then spoon some into the center of each cookie cup. If the filling hardens too much while making the cups, simply microwave for 10-15 seconds and stir to soften it.
- The filling will cool to the consistency of fudge and the cups will be chewy. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Bobs Red Mill
Leave a Reply