Serve this recipe as-is for a flavorful vegan dish or top it with shrimp, scallops, or chicken for a boost of protein.
- 6 oz brown rice penne (or other Low FODMAP penne)
- 2 tbsp Fody’s Garlic-Infused Olive Oil
- 4 oz canned Champignons (button mushrooms), drained
- 2 cups baby spinach, loosely packed
- 1 1/2 cups Fody’s Low FODMAP Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- Salt and Pepper
- Thinly sliced fresh basil
- Cook brown rice (or other Low FODMAP) pasta according to package instructions. Drain and (optional) toss with a splash of Fody olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Once hot, add garlic-infused Low FODMAP olive oil, canned button mushrooms, and spinach.
- Sautee for 3-5 minutes or until spinach is dark green and wilted. Add Fody Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce, diced tomatoes, dried oregano, and optional red pepper flakes (if you like your Low FODMAP pasta a little bit Arrabbiata).
- Bring to a brief boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in cooked pasta and coconut milk. Cook until warm.
- Remove from heat and adjust flavor with salt and pepper. Serve warm garnished with fresh basil.
Source: Fody Foods