Make sure to use parchment paper, so the meringues don’t stick. This also makes for easier cleanup.
Total Time: 2 hours 15 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
- 1 candy cane or 7 peppermint candies
- 3 egg whites
- ? cup sugar
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line 2 baking pans with parchment paper.
- Put candy cane or peppermints in a Ziploc bag and lightly tap them with a hammer or bottom of a can until crushed.
- Using a hand or standing mixer with a whisk attachment, whip egg whites until stiff. Add sugar and mix on low speed.
- Fold in crushed candy and chocolate chips and then drop tablespoon-size cookies onto baking sheet.
- Put into the oven and immediately turn off the heat. Leave the cookies in the oven for 2 hours without opening the oven.