Kid loved, this easy pizza casserole is a lower cab version that the whole family can enjoy! Top with all your favorite pizza toppings! You can easily add more toppings like black olives, green peppers and penne pasta. You can also make this in a casserole dish versus a large skillet.
The crust made with eggplant is great and requires little preparation. Easy to make- this will quickly become a go to quick meal.
- 1 small eggplant, sliced into 2″ wide strips.
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 5 oz shredded parmesan
- 3/4 lb spicy Italian pork sausage crumble, cooked.
- 4 oz pizza sauce
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- Grease your pan with the coconut oil and line with the strips of eggplant. You only want one layer of eggplant (you might have extra).
- Spread a light layer of pizza sauce over the eggplant and top this with half of the mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Next add all the Italian pork sausage and top with the rest of the mozzarella and half of the balance of the parmesan
- Spread a layer of marinara over it all and put in your oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Six minutes before the pizza is complete, take the pan out of the oven and cover with the rest of the parmesan. Garnish with Italian parsley.