Waffles filled with pizza toppings for breakfast or anytime. Great for on-the-go too! Made with Pamela’s Baking & Pancake Mix. This waffle will soon become a lunch favorite!
- 2¼ cups Pamela’s Baking & Pancake Mix(315 gr.)
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp oregano
- pinch of cayenne
- ¼ tsp granulated garlic
- ¼ tsp granulated onion
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 eggs, separated
- ¼ tsp vinegar or lemon juice
- ½ cup Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 oz. pepperoni, chopped small
- 2 oz. sliced black olives, well drained (Optional)
- 1 bunch green onions, half the white and all the green, sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or combo of pizza cheeses
- ½ cup Swiss cheese, grated
- ½ cup Parmesan, shredded
- Cook and crumble sausage; drain and chill.
- In a medium bowl add all shredded cheeses and mix well. Chop the pepperoni and slice the green onions; mix well with the cheeses. Add chilled, crumbled sausage and black olives. Mix all together and chill.
- In a large bowl, whisk together Baking & Pancake mix, and all herbs and spices.
- Separate yolks from the egg whites. Beat egg whites with vinegar until stiff. Chill.
- In a large measuring cup or small bowl combine pizza sauce, milk and egg yolks; mix with a fork until well combined. Mix into Baking & Pancake Mix and stir until smooth, with no lumps.
- Prior to combining stiff egg whites into batter, preheat waffle iron to medium high.
- As the final step to pizza filling, add cheese and meat mixture to the pancake mixture and mix until well incorporated. Fold the egg whites into the waffle mixture. It takes a little time for the whites to incorporate. Keep folding until there are no more streaks of white.
- Bake immediately in a well sprayed waffle iron. Once cooked; keep warm in a 200°oven, on a rack on a sheet pan, or serve.
- Great with ranch dressing to dip into.
TO REHEAT: Let waffles cool on the rack. Wrap in individual wax or paper bag and put in a plastic bag and freeze. When ready to eat, thaw as oven pre-heats to 300°. Once up to temperature, put waffles on a rack on a sheet pan and re-heat for 8 to 10 minutes. They will be crisp on the outside and delicious on the inside.
CHEF’S NOTE: These waffles reheat very well, so make a double batch and freeze some for a quick and easy meal later.
© Pamela’s Products, Inc.