A crumbly and buttery holiday cookie!
This recipe is:?Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
Yields: 2 dozen
Total Time:?1 hour
Prep Time:?5 mins
- ? cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ? teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely ground pecans, almonds or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine butter, 1 cup powdered sugar, vanilla extract and egg and beat on medium speed until well blended and creamy.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together gluten-free all-purpose flour, baking soda and salt. Add these dry ingredients into the wet ingredients mixture and mix well. Fold in the finely ground nuts.
- Roll dough into walnut-size balls and place on prepared baking sheet about 1 to 2 inches apart. Place in the freezer or refrigerator for 30 minutes until thoroughly chilled.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges begin to brown slightly. Cool on baking sheet until cool enough to handle, but still warm. While still warm, roll in remaining 1 cup powdered sugar. Place on cooling racks to cool completely.