Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1-1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts or chicken thighs
- all purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 pinch salt, plus 2 teaspoons, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 16 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- capers (optional)
- parsley, plus additional for topping (optional)
- preferred gluten-free pasta
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Dredge chicken in flour and pinch of salt. Turn on saute function on pressure cooker. Add oil; saute chicken 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside (chicken will finish cooking later).
- Add onion, mushrooms and garlic. Saute until softened. Add broth and let sizzle out.
- Add chicken, bell pepper, tomatoes and remaining salt to pressure cooker. Cook on high pressure 15 minutes. Release pressure.
- Shred chicken. Stir in butter, capers, parsley and lemon. Serve with preferred pasta and top with additional parsley and Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of “Pinch of Yum” on behalf of ALDI