Try these sweet and savory gluten-free quick breads that are easy to prepare. Have your kitchen smelling sensational in no time. These mouthwatering recipes are perfect for an afternoon snack, item on your brunch menu or wrapped up as a homemade gift for your friends.
Yields: 1 loaf
Total Time: 1 hour 20 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
- For the Filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the Batter:
- ½ cup ground almond flour
- ¼ cup brown rice flour
- ¼ cup sorghum flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted butter, slightly cooled
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease loaf pan with cooking spray or oil. Set aside.
- To make the filling, combine softened cream cheese, egg, sugar, and vanilla extract in a stand mixer and beat until thick and creamy. Set aside.
- To make the batter, combine first 9 ingredients (almond flour through nutmeg) in a large bowl and whisk until fully combined.
- In the bowl of stand mixer combine sugar, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, butter, eggs, and vanilla. Beat until thoroughly combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in 3 additions, beating until fully incorporated between each addition.
- Pour ½ batter into loaf pan. Add cream cheese filling on top of batter. Fill loaf pan with remaining batter and swirl gently with the edge of a butter knife.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.