It seems we can’t get enough pumpkin during the holidays- try these great pancakes.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter + additional for coating pan
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Pancake Mix
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Stir dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin puree, milk, vanilla extract and melted butter.
- Slowly add pancake mix and stir to incorporate.
- Coat a large cast iron skillet with butter and heat over medium.
- Ladle pancake patter into heated skillet, and cook until top begins to bubble and slightly golden on one side before flipping.
- Flip and continue cooking until other side is golden and cooked through.