We chose to use Bob Red Mill’s All-Purpose Gluten-Free flour and I was pleasantly surprised to discover that it’s made with bean flours as well as a grain flour. The ingredients are garbanzo bean flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, whole grain sorghum flour, and fava bean flour and it has 3 grams of protein per serving.
- 3/4cup pumpkin puree (or sweet potato puree)
- 1/4cup non-dairy milk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3cup maple syrup
- 2tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4cup date sugar (date sugar – optional for more sweetness)
- 1cup Bob’s Red Mill Cup for Cup flour
- 1/2cup almond flour
- 1Tbl pumpkin pie spice
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1/3tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180C). Line an 8 x 8″ baking dish with parchment paper. Tip: first crumble the parchment paper and then smooth it out. It will mold to the dish much easier. Or, spray lightly with cooking spray.
- With a whisk, mix all of the wet ingredients in a bowl until combined.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a second bowl and add to the wet ingredients. Stir until just mixed.
- Spread the batter evenly into the baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick or sharp knife comes out clean. It may take a few minutes longer depending on your oven.
Leave a Reply