This Quesadilla Casserole is an easy Mexican casserole recipe that includes spinach, ground beef, bell peppers, mushrooms and cheese, all made into a perfect quesadilla bake. A quick and simple meal that the whole family will love!
As featured in the original Eat Happy cookbook
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- Eat Happy Kitchen Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup fire roasted mild green chiles
- 1/4 cup red salsa
- 1 cup grated Mexican blend cheese
- Greek yogurt and salsa for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large sauté pan, brown ground meat, breaking up into small bits as it cooks. Drain, place back into pan, add Eat Happy Kitchen Taco Seasoning, and 1/4 cup of water. Mix and reduce heat to low, letting sauté for an additional 5–10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another sauté pan, heat the olive oil on medium high heat. Sauté the onion and pepper until soft, about 8 minutes. Add mushrooms, sauté until soft, another 5–6 minutes. Add spinach, green chiles, and salsa. Mix until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat.
- Place the ground meat in an 8 x 8 casserole dish. Cover with a thin sprinkling of cheese. Then top with the vegetable mix, spreading it out evenly. Top with remaining cheese and bake in oven for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with Greek yogurt and salsa.
Recipe courtesy of ANNA VOCINO, EAT HAPPY KITCHEN