Scorn squash is a fall favorite. Here is a recipe to add some zest to this classic veggie that will make your guests rave!
- 4 small acorn squash
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 cups chopped kale
- ½ cup walnuts (chopped)
- 5 tbs Aunt Patty’s Red Palm Oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 400ºF
- Slice acorn squash in half and scoop out/discard seeds.
- Lightly brush Aunt Patty’s Red Palm Oil (~1 tbs) onto acorn squash, place on cookie sheet and bake for ~40 min or until soft.
- Next, bring 2 cups vegetable broth to boil in a medium size sauce pan.
- Rinse quinoa and add to vegetable broth. Bring heat down to a simmer and cook for ~15-20 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooking, chop onion, garlic, and kale into small pieces.
- In a medium sauté pan, over medium heat, add 4 tbs Aunt Patty’s Red Palm Oil to pan, and add chopped vegetables.
- Stir vegetables consistently and allow them to lightly cook.
- Once quinoa is cooked, add quinoa, sea salt, walnuts, and pepper to the vegetables in the sauté pan. Mix well and remove from heat.
- Remove acorn squash from oven and stuff with quinoa/kale mixture.
- Top with parmesan cheese, pomegranate seeds, and sea salt to taste.
Recipe provided by Palm Done Right