Red quinoa with goat cheese and apricots make this sweet salad filling enough for a light meal.
Total Time: 25 mins
Prep Time: 5 mins
- For the Salad
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- For the Maple Sage Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, minced
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Let cool completely.
- Combine cooled quinoa, spinach, apricots and goat cheese in a large bowl and gently toss to combine. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add maple syrup, vinegar and sage and whisk together. Gently stream in olive oil while constantly whisking. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve salad with dressing on the side or tossed in to the salad immediately before serving.