Fresh raspberries add a zing to this chicken salad, when served over a bed of greens is the perfect dinner on a warm summer evening.
Total Time: 20 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
For the Vinaigrette
- ½ cup whole raspberries
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cool tap water
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¾ teaspoon gluten-free soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt, to taste
For the Salad
- 2½ cups rotisserie chicken, chopped
- 1 cup diced celery
- ½ cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 bunch green onions, roots removed, chopped
- 2 cups whole raspberries
- To make the vinaigrette, in a blender or food processor, combine raspberries, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, orange juice, water, orange zest, garlic, soy sauce, honey and black pepper. Blend on high until a smooth mixture forms.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a bowl and pour the dressing through the strainer using a spoon to press liquids through. Season with salt to taste and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together chopped chicken, celery, toasted almonds and chopped green onion.
- Add the raspberries to the salad, pour half of the vinaigrette over mixture and gently combine to keep the raspberries whole.
- Serve over a bed of arugula or your favorite mixed salad greens. Serve the remaining vinaigrette on the side.