Raspberries add a delicate pink color and fresh flavor to this decadent, citrus mousse.
Yields: 10 – 12
Total Time: 25 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
- ⅓ cup fresh raspberries, plus extra for garnish
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons of lemon juice, freshly squeezed and seeds removed
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon plus ⅓ cup sugar, divided
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 1¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Place raspberries and lemon juice in blender. Blend on high for one minute. Add in the mascarpone cheese and 1 tablespoon sugar. Blend together and then set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine heavy cream, ⅓ cup sugar, vanilla extract and lemon zest.
- Using hand mixer, start at medium speed and work up to high speed as cream thickens. Continue until stiff peaks form, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Fold the whipped cream into the raspberry and mascarpone mixture until fully incorporated.
- Refrigerate 1 hour prior to serving. Top with additional fresh raspberries.