Thumbprint cookies are a fun way to add some fruit flavoring to cookies. Experiment with other flavors by swapping out other jellies.
- 2/3 cup dairy-free margarine
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dairy-free milk
- 2 cups All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour Mix
- 2 teaspoons guar gum
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ? teaspoon fine salt
- 1 cup turbinado sugar (coarse sugar)
- ? cup raspberry jam
- 1 pint raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, whip together the margarine and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and milk; mix to blend.
- In a small bowl, mix together the All-Purpose Flour Mix, guar gum, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the margarine mixture to the flour mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until blended well.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop and roll dough into balls.
- Roll each ball in the coarse sugar.
- Use a fingertip or the end of a wooden spoon make a divot in the middle of the cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove, and cool.
- Once cooled, fill each divot with 1 teaspoon of raspberry jam and place a raspberry on top.
- Store in a sealed container at room temperature for 3 to 4 days or in a refrigerator for 6 to 7 days.
Source: Enjoy Life Foods