Looking for a gluten free brownie recipe? Look no further! These rich and fudgy flourless brownies are perfectly chewy, dense and intense! No unusual ingredients required
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter
- ¾ c. granulated sugar
- 8 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped*
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 or 9×9 inch square pan with foil (prefer a metal one), then lightly spray or butter, set aside.
- In a small saucepan set over low heat, melt the butter, then add the sugar. Once the sugar is incorporated, add the chopped chocolate, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat beat for 2 minutes with a hand mixer or whisk. Add the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla extract.
- Using a mesh sieve (or a sifter), sift the cocoa powder and cornstarch into the saucepan, then add the salt. Stir together, then beat the batter vigorously for 1-2 minutes. I like to use a hand mixer for this on a medium speed. Beat until the batter is smooth and shiny.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 22-30 minutes or until the brownies are set in the center, taking care not to over-bake. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 45 minutes before removing and slicing.