A hearty meal jam packed with delightful flavors.
This recipe is: Gluten-Free
Total Time: 65 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
- 4 pound whole chicken, rinsed and patted dry
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet yellow onion
- 2 cups finely sliced button mushrooms
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package Full Flavor Foods Chicken Gravy Mix
- 10 ounces chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Place the chicken into a roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, rosemary, minced garlic and salt. Mix together well.
- Squeeze each of the 4 lemon wedges juice over the chicken and rub the lemons on the chicken skin. Then, rub the butter and herb mixture on the chicken skin.
- Place chicken in oven and roast for 45 to 50 minutes until the juices run clear and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepot, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add in the onions and mushroom and sauté until browned, about 7 minutes.
- Add in the white wine to deglaze the pan and cook until most of the liquid is absorbed. Add in the minced garlic and cook, stirring frequently until the garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the Full Flavor Foods Chicken Gravy Mix and chicken stock. Whisk together over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Cook until gravy thickens. Serve gravy over chicken.