It’s that time of the year again – love is in bloom! Roses make a wonderful romantic gift, but that’s not all they are good for. Whether its rose water or rose petals, these flowers aren’t just for adding flavor to your love life—they’ll add flavor to your dishes. You’ll be falling in love with this delectable rose-infused recipe just in time for Valentines Day.
Yields: 4 large servings
Total Time: 30 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
- 1 pound gluten-free spaghetti, cooked according to package instructions
- 12 ounces shrimp, shells removed, boiled until cooked (approximately 7 minutes)
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- ¼ cup loosely packed edible rose petals
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Cook gluten-free pasta and boil shrimp according to package instructions. Reserve excess pasta water.
- Add pistachios to food processor and pulse until processed into small crumbs.
- Add rose petals, salt, pepper and minced garlic to food processor and process for 30 seconds until rose petals are incorporated.
- With processor running, add oil and process until incorporated, another 30 seconds.
- Toss warm pasta with pesto. If the pesto is too thick add warm chicken stock or reserved pasta water to reach desired consistency. Top with shrimp.