Who doesn’t love a tea party? For tea sandwiches you can either bake your own bread or use one of the many ready-made, delicious gluten-free breads on the market. My favorite tea sandwiches include cucumber with goat cheese, salmon with cream cheese and chives, chicken salad, and egg salad. Because the sandwiches need to be prepared ahead of time, it’s best to store them in an airtight container so the bread doesn’t dry out before serving time.
Total Time: 10 mins
Prep Time: 5 mins
- 2 – 4 slices gluten-free bread, cut into round coins
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- 1 seedless cucumber thinly sliced
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- ½ avocado, sliced thinly
- Capers (optional)
- Spread cream cheese on bread rounds.
- Arrange overlapping cucumber slices in a pinwheel on top of the bread coin.
- Add avocado slice, and top with 1 ounce smoked salmon. If desired, add two or three capers for an extra bite.