Your mother will enjoy these elegant salmon and shrimp cakes packed with flavor.
Total Time: 1 hour
Prep Time: 30 mins
- ½ pound salmon, skin and bones removed
- ½ pound shrimp, deveined, shells and tails removed
- ¾ cup celery, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chives, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- Oil for cooking
- Finely chop together salmon and shrimp, or pulse until combined in a food processor.
- Place salmon and shrimp in a large bowl with celery and chives.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, hot sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add this mixture and the gluten-free breadcrumbs to the salmon and shrimp and gently fold together.
- Form mixture into ¼ cup patties.
- Pour about a ½ inch of oil into a heavy bottom skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
- Cook patties in batches for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until browned. Do not overcrowd the pan and adjust heat level if cakes brown too quickly.
- Remove from pan onto a large plate covered with paper towels. Drain for 2 minutes and serve while warm.