These salted cashew butter chocolate chunk cookies are the dream. Made with cashew butter, coconut sugar, an egg, flaky sea salt, and dark chocolate chunks, they’re simply delicious and crazy healthy, too.
The magic of baking cashew butter along with an egg and coconut sugar creates a soft, chewy cookie with the most perfect texture ever!Plus, going flourless keeps these cookies naturally gluten and grain free, too.
- 1 cup cashew butter
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ generous cup dark chocolate chunks or chips
- Flaky sea salt, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine cashew butter, coconut sugar, egg, baking soda, and vanilla. Mix well to fully combine.
- Fold in chocolate chunks or chips until just combined.
- Scoop a tablespoon of cookie dough and form into a ball. Place on lined baking tray and repeat with remainder of cookie dough. Make sure that cookies are adequately spaced, as they will spread!
- Sprinkle each cookie with a pinch of flaky sea salt.
- Bake cookies for 12-15 minutes, or until edges are golden. Remove from oven and let cool completely before storing. Enjoy!
- Store cookies at room temperature in a single layer, or in the fridge for up to 4 days. I personally love keeping mine in the fridge for a chewy, delicious texture.