Cooking cucumbers creates a delicate, fresh, and a satisfying side to go with grilled fish or poultry.
This recipe is: Corn-Free, Egg-Free, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Rice-Free, Soy-Free
Total Time: 1 hour 10 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 4 cups peeled, seeded and chopped cucumber
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 2 teaspoons minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- In a large glass bowl, combine red wine vinegar, salt and sugar, mixing until dissolved.
- Place the cumbers in the bowl, toss to coat and let rest on the counter for 1 hour.
- After an hour has passed, place the cucumbers in a strainer in the sink rinse with cool tap water and let them drain. Then lay cucumbers out onto a clean kitchen towel and set aside.
- Rinse the large glass bowl thoroughly and place the goat cheese and chives and parsley into the bowl and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 teaspoon of olive oil, then add the sliced red onion. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add additional teaspoon of olive oil to the pan followed by the cucumbers. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar to the pan, stir the ingredients together and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove the cucumber mixture from the heat and pour into the bowl with the goat cheese and herbs. Toss together gently and serve.
Leave a Reply