Indulge on these Hushpuppies made with Bloomfield Farms Seasoned Flour and Cornbread Mix.
Yields: 24-32 hushpuppies
Total Time: 30 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
- 1 cup Bloomfield Farms Gluten-Free Cornbread Mix
- 1 cup Bloomfield Farms Seasoned Flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn kernels
- ½ cup finely chopped scallions
- Oil for frying
- Sea salt for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together Bloomfield Farms Gluten-Free Cornbread mix, Bloomfield Farms Seasoned Flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and eggs. Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until well combined. Using a spatula, fold in the cheddar cheese, corn kernels and scallions.
- Heat about 1 inch of oil in a high-sided skillet to 350 degrees F. Drop the batter into the oil by heaping tablespoonsful and fry, turning frequently, until golden brown on all sides.
- Remove hushpuppies from the oil and drain excess oil on a paper towel. Lightly dust cooked hushpuppies with sea salt before serving.