A quintessential barbecue side, this quick and easy homemade coleslaw dish is the perfect addition to your next cookout. Requiring just five minutes and 10 minutes of preparation time, you can whip up a batch in a jiffy!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons preferred sweetener
- 1 bag (16 ounces) shredded coleslaw mix (cabbage, purple cabbage, carrot)
Yield: 4 1/2 cups
Serving size: 1/2 cup
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, celery salt, and Sweetener. Place coleslaw mix in a large bowl. Pour dressing over and toss to coat well. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour to allow coleslaw to “soften.” Stir well before serving.
Hint- when serving on a hot day place serving dish in ice and if the salad sits out to long discard to avoid spoilage.