This frittata-like dish is packed with delicious breakfast flavors. To make it meatless, substitute crumbled vegetarian sausage for the ham.
- 1/2 (16.0-ounce) package frozen hash browned potatoes (2 1/2 cups), thawed
- 1 1/2 cup frozen bell pepper strips, thawed
- 2/3 cup frozen spinach, thawed and firmly squeezed to remove as much water as possible
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cup (about 7 ounces) diced cooked ham or smoked turkey
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup reduced-fat (2%) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Layer potatoes, bell peppers, spinach, onion and ham in a slow cooker.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and black pepper and pour into the cooker.
- Cover and cook on low until casserole is set and browned around the edges, 6 to 7 hours.
- Cool, uncovered, for at least 20 minutes, then cut into wedges and serve.
Leave a Reply