Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage is a traditional Irish American St. Patrick’s Day dish. Salted beef is simmered in the slow cooker along with potatoes, carrots, onion, and cabbage. Peppercorns and spices give this dish the traditional flavor we’ve all come to know and love!
- 4 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 lbs corned beef
- 1 medium cabbage, cut into quarters
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp pickling spices, (the packet usually comes with the beef)
- Place corned beef, spices, onion, carrots, and potatoes in slow cooker. Fill slow cooker with water until it covers other ingredients.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours, or LOW for 8 hours, or until beef is cooked through and potatoes can easily be cut with a fork.
- Once done, remove beef and place cabbage in slow cooker. Cook an additional 20-30 minutes, or until cabbage is soft.
- Drain water before serving.
This recipe uses a 7 quart (or larger) slow cooker.