In the mood for Mexican? Call up some friends and enjoy these delicious and festive dishes! Or, make it a fiesta night for the family. No matter the occasion, tasty tacos and flavorful salsas are the perfect way to spice up any meal. Serve with: Harvest Peach Pico de Gallo
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ? teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 pound boneless pork roast, cut into 3-inch cubes
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 18 warmed corn tortillas
- Optional garnishes: sour cream and freshly chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small mixing bowl, combine cumin, garlic powder, salt, paprika, pepper and chili powder. Mix well and then evenly coat each piece of pork on all sides with the dry rub.
- n a dutch oven or heavy bottom pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in the seasoned pork pieces and sear on all sides until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Remove pork pieces from dutch oven and set aside.
- Add in the bourbon to deglaze the pan. Scrape up the browned bits and then add in the orange juice and brown sugar.
- Bring orange juice and bourbon mixture to a boil and then add back in the pork pieces. Cover the dutch oven and place in the oven for 80 minutes. Turn pork pieces over and cook an additional 40 minutes uncovered or until meat is fork tender.
- Remove pork from the oven and shred the meat into thin pieces. Toss with remaining bourbon sauce and then evenly distribute meat amongst heated corn tortillas. Serve with harvest peach pico de gallo if desired.
If you have celiac be aware that bourbon may not be as gluten free as you think…controversial ..distillation may not get out all the gluten..need to look for triple distillation process…or a gluten free source like corn