Looking for an easy make-ahead side dish to complement your backyard cookouts? Look no further than this light and summery salad! Packed with vitamin C but light in carbs, its delicate combination of strawberries and spinach paired with the slight kick of spicy dressing is sure to delight.
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons salad vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- Dash of black pepper
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh washed spinach
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- Combine oil, vinegar, sugar, onion, pepper, and Tabasco sauce in a tightly covered container.
- Shake until sugar is dissolved.
- Refrigerate dressing at least 4 hours to blend flavors.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toast sesame seeds on a cookie sheet or pie plate for about 10 minutes, stirring once or twice until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool.
- When ready to serve, tear spinach into bite-size pieces and place in a large salad bowl.
- Add toasted sesame seeds.
- Toss with chilled dressing.
- Gently stir in sliced strawberries.