A cool and refreshing spiralized cucumber salad with mango, avocado, and lime. Perfect on a hot summer day for lunch or dinner. Serves 2 as a main or 4 as a side dish.
- 1 large cucumber, spiralized
- 1 firm-ripe mango, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- ⅓ cup red onion, finely diced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 lime, juiced (plus lime wedges for serving)
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese (about 2 ounces) (optional for vegan)
- In a large serving bowl combine spiralized cucumber, mango, avocado, red onion, salt, and lime juice. Toss to combine.
- Sprinkle crumbled goat cheese on top of the salad. Lightly toss again to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Some fun cucumber tips:
- Cucumber is one of America’s top five garden vegetables.
- They are part of the Cucurbitaceae family. Other important members of this family include watermelon, muskmelon, pumpkin and squash.
- Native to India, cucumber is another one of our most ancient vegetables.
- Popularity was bolstered considerably when, in 1876, Henry J. Heinz added pickles to the list of products made by the food processing company that bears his name.