A seasonal offering available at the Disney Flame Tree Barbecue in September and October, this punch is very much like a green apple Shirley Temple. The familiar fizzy taste of the lemon-lime soda is beautifully matched to the sour apple syrup. It’s a new twist on an old classic. Adding the sugar-lime rim and Candy-Coated Straw really takes this drink to the next level—but you don’t have to add them if you don’t want to. This drink looks great at a fun Halloween party, or just being glugged on a Tuesday at home! Complete the effect with an official Disney glow cube.
- 1⁄2 small lime
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 11⁄2 ounces Granny Smith apple syrup
- 8 ounces lemon-lime soda
For Candy-Coated Straw
- 3 green apple Jolly Rancher candies
- 3 green apple Life Savers candies, crushed
- 1 gummy worm
- To make Punch: Rub rim of a 16-ounce plastic cup or glass with lime. Stir together lime zest and sugar in a shallow dish and dip rim of glass in zest and sugar mix. Twist in sugar to coat rim.
- Pour apple syrup and lemon-lime soda into the prepared glass.
- To make Candy-Coated Straw: Microwave Jolly Ranchers on high 1 minute in a small microwave-safe bowl. Pour crushed Life Savers into a shallow dish. Use a butter knife to smooth melted Jolly Ranchers onto the outside of a plastic straw, then quickly roll the straw in Life Savers.
- To serve: Add ice to Punch to fill glass, then add Candy-Coated Straw and gummy worm.
Excerpted from The Unofficial Disney Parks Drink Recipe Book by Ashley Craft. Copyright © 2021 by Ashley Craft. Photography by Harper Point Photography. Used with permission of the publisher, Adams Media, an imprint of Simon & Schuster, Inc.