Growing up I still remember the jingle- you and eat them on the run, eat them just for fun- and now your kids can enjoy these homemade, gluten free toaster tarts.
- 1 package (16 ounces) gluten free pie crust mix
- 1 cup cold natural buttery spread with olive oil, cut into ½-inch pieces (2 sticks)
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons ice water
- 2 ripe DOLE® Bananas, peeled and chopped
- ½ DOLE® Lemon, juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 cup chopped DOLE® Strawberries
- ¼ cup raw cane sugar
- 1 medium egg
- Gluten free all-purpose flour for dusting
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Pulse pie crust mix and buttery spread in a food processor until small crumbs remain; add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, pulsing after each addition until mixture holds together when pinched between fingers. Transfer dough to work surface and shape into a disk; wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Heat bananas, lemon juice, strawberries and cane sugar to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally; reduce heat to low and cook 5 minutes or until thickened and fruit is soft, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool completely. Makes about 1¾ cups.
- Preheat oven to 375°F; line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper. Whisk egg in a small bowl.
- Unwrap dough and place on a lightly floured work surface; roll dough into a 14-inch circle (about ⅛-inch thick). Cut 8 (3½ x 3-inch) rectangles from dough with a paring knife; gather dough scraps and roll out two more times to cut 8 more rectangles. Carefully place 8 rectangles on prepared pan; place about 3½ tablespoons banana mixture in center of 8 rectangles. Top each with remaining 8 rectangles; press edges of tarts to seal and brush with egg. Cut 2 small vents in top of each tart with paring knife; bake 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly. Makes 8 tarts.
- Whisk powdered sugar and 2 teaspoons water in a small bowl; drizzle over tarts.
Dole Food Company, part of Dole plc, is one of the world’s largest producers and marketers of high-quality fresh fruit and fresh vegetables. Dole is an industry leader in many of the products it sells, as well as in nutrition education. For more information, please visit www.dole.com.
Leave a Reply