It’s that time of the year again – love is in bloom! Roses make a wonderful romantic gift, but that’s not all they are good for. Whether its rose water or rose petals, these flowers aren’t just for adding flavor to your love life—they’ll add flavor to your dishes. You’ll be falling in love with these delectable rose-infused recipes just in time for Valentines Day.
Yields: 1 cup compote
Total Time: 25 mins
Prep Time: 5 mins
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries, hulled and cut into large chunks
- ¾ cup fresh or frozen peaches, cut into large chunks
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon rosewater
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Stir occasionally to keep fruit and sugar from burning.
- Cook until thickened, about 15 minutes. Cool and serve.