Ready in about 15 minutes, this delicious, colorful, low-carb dish combines all the flavors of zucchini, tomato and basil with just a hint of Parmesan. And with only 97 calories per serving, it’s perfect for the calorie conscious and veggie lovers alike!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium sweet or yellow onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 2 medium zucchini or yellow squash or 1 of each, sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 2/3 cup
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; stir to coat with butter. Cover; cook 3 minutes. Uncover; reduce heat to medium; cook and stir about 3 minutes or until onion is golden brown.
- Add squash, salt, and pepper. Cover; cook 5 minutes, stirring once. Add tomato; cook uncovered about 2 minutes or until squash is tender. Stir in basil and sprinkle with cheese.